Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wow! Did you see the rack on that Book Club?

I racked the beer tonight.  That means, that I took it from the fermenter and put it into the bucket that we will bottle from.  Normally, we would bottle right away but we're going to try a dry hop step.  So I added one oz of Chinook hop leaves, stirred it up and will let it sit for a few days before we bottle.  The final gravity was 1.03 which translates into 4% alcohol.  But, the yield was only about 4 gal so if I bring the volume up to 5 gal, which is the recipe size, it should lower the final gravity (water is ~1.0).  I also took a quick lick of the siphon tube.  It's going to be kick-ass; totally worthy of Gary and Wyatt.  Copilot Matt and I will bottle sometime this weekend after a few hoppy days.

I've started using Book Club as a synonym to boring and sucky, and Brew Club for total awesomeness and duh' winning.  Example: The kids and I were drawing pictures this evening and I had Pandora on the Jack Johnson station.  Some lame Train song came on and I instinctively said, this song is so Book Club, we need Brew Club.  So I dialed in the Led Zeppelin station.  Brew Club.

And, we're only up to $13 on the ads.  Click peoples, click! This will fund a Brew Club party at the grotto!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can support this fund/club w/ all of the propaganda!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What propaganda? Brew Club is for truth, justice and the American Way. Just like Wonder Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can anyone be against Wonder Woman?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, the new Wonder Woman wears pants. What's up with that?

    Awesome entry!

    ReplyDelete